Anthony De Rosa: Why Newsrooms Should Poach Tech and Startup Talent
Anthony De Rosa is Reuters’ Social Media Editor, where he’s also a columnist and host at ReutersTV. We sat down with him to discuss where the tech and news communities meet and, increasingly, overlap.
Being that the news industry has more than a few business problems these days, Anthony suggests hiring outside help. By choosing Craigslist, Groupon and Facebook as examples of places from which to steal employees, De Rosa makes a solid point: go where the success is, and learn from the people that have done smart things in the more turbulent and burgeoning media landscapes.
Anthony also discusses what news life is like at Reuters, which we’ll dive into in more detail over the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
And for more FJP videos, see our new site, theFJP.org.
Reblogged from The FJP
- windsector likes this
- rebelcompass likes this
- danmanco likes this
- nslayton reblogged this from onaissues and added:
- namusvk likes this
- cleofuckingpatra reblogged this from onaissues
- cleofuckingpatra likes this
- onaissues reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- aqbastian likes this
- journalism-bites likes this
- justinthomas likes this
- dominickbrady likes this
- simplisimo likes this
- selloutsamizdat reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- backwardstimemachine likes this
- ggrgt reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- writerslash likes this
- hellomynameisoso likes this
- wonderlandinmirror likes this
- dailydatascience likes this
- sylmalcorps reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- jennayc reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- theguiltycosmopolitan likes this
- kenyatta likes this
- 120sekunden likes this
- abovethescroll reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- nedhepburn likes this
- karlfun likes this
- markcoatney likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this
There are any number of pressing media issues in the digital age -- we're sure you can come up with a handful without breaking a sweat. ONA Issues is your platform to define them, share them, explore them and get a better fix on how they impact the work you do. Here we'll look to you for your perspectives and conversations and help jump-start discussions by posting insightful reporting, commentary and analysis from anywhere and everywhere. We're here to listen and learn. Join us.