Scholarships, Awards and Fellowships for Journalists
Here’s our latest roundup. To get new opportunities mailed to you, sign up for ONA’s newsletter.
- Now in its final year, the AP-Google Journalism and Technology Scholarship will award two $7,500 scholarships to undergraduate or graduate students pursuing innovative, creative projects in digital journalism. Apply by Feb. 21.
- Enter your best online, print, and design work into the Azbees, the ASBPE Awards of Excellence, which honor excellence in B2B publishing. Deadline is Jan. 27.
- The Livingston Awards honor outstanding achievement by professionals under the age of 35 in local, national and international reporting. Three $10,000 awards are available this year. Applications are due Feb. 1.
- The American Society of News Editors is now accepting entries to the ASNEAwards, which honor the best in print, online and mobile content. Entries are due by Feb. 5.
- Applications for the 2014 Donald W. Reynolds Fellowships are due Feb. 15 from people and institutions with innovative ideas to improve the practice or understanding of journalism, connect citizens with news and advertising more efficiently and grow revenues.
- The Radio Television Digital News Association is now accepting applications for a number of fellowships and scholarships aimed at students pursuing careers in electronic journalism. Application deadline is May 2, 2014.
- The National Press Foundation has announced the winners of the 2014 Awards for Accomplishment, who will be honored at NPF’s 31st Annual Award dinner, Mar. 5, at the Washington Hilton Hotel.